The WAIT Training Programme
The WAIT (Work Access and induction Training) Training Programme is our new one-day employment support Training Programme
Part 1 : Becoming eligible for work
- Are there any barriers to employment to overcome?
- Wanting to work – remember you’re the one who has to decide!
- The benefits of work – in the short term and as a building block for your future.
- Work as part of a lifetime plan. Developing realistic aspirations
- Career development – it’s about life not just one job
- Skills recognition and matching (What do I need or lack ?)
- Addressing skills gaps
- Skills matching versus vacancy demand – how to read adverts
- Assessing self-value – I can versus I could
Part 2: Making the Move
- Sourcing opportunities
- Variable CV’s and resumes
- The process of application – be prepared!
- Vision matching – what’s available against what you want.
- Intelligence gathering e.g. speaking to others who have succeeded.
- Advice and affirmation – is this really what I want?
- Interview techniques
Part 3: You’re in – Now it’s about staying there!
- Getting information prior to starting
- Pre-requirements e.g. medical, references Disclosure Scotland etc
- Preparing yourself for work – expectations and impressions.
- The do’s and do not’s of the first day
- Identification of probation objectives – being clear and avoiding misunderstandings.
- Agreeing development plans – what’s expected of me.
- Setting timelines and objectives – what I expect of myself.
- Self-appraisal techniques – Am I on track to succeed?
- Targets for Success – How do I know I am getting there?